Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A coffee catch up....from my friends at Après Velo

Planning for 2012 with Apres Velo
You may have noticed I have not been writing much on my blog lately. Since I finished the season last November in the USA I have been busy.

No, I have not taken the current philosophy re periodisation, particularly recovery and base period training and turned it on it's head. I have instead been busy physically and mentally recovering from the season, considering and setting plans for 2012 and slowly getting back into it rebuilding a solid foundation to successfully meet the goals ahead.

This has meant lots of time with my family and the pleasure of some great catch ups with lovely friends from our village, our local region, the UK and even Australia. I have also continued building my skills for my next phase of development as a coach with the British Tri Federation and a great group of Lv 2 coaches in training from around England.

Different sports have filled significant portions of my early season training (no I have not got into bog swimming competitions as Chrissy Wellington offered for the offseason in her blog on recovery time) instead preferring the delights of cross country skiing, randonees over the snow covered mountain trails and occasional distraction of telemark alpine skiing on powder days or with the boys as they fly down the mountains with their usual fearless abandon.

Winter mornings in our home in the Alps has also provided the indulgent pleasure of drinking great coffee with Rob planning and preparing for the year ahead. 2012 is going to be a big year and we have been preparing in our house to take it on with our usual mix of idealism, realism, courage, trepidation, fortitude, focus, flexibility and as a team.

Although triathlon is an individual sport, the team that helps get you to the start line, supports you and then assists you as after, is incredibly important. I see it as one of my competitive advantages as I have the best support team in the world! Rob equally will have to deliver in his new job to individual expectations that can only be achieved if effectively supported by and working with his team, both at home and in the workplace. I am really pleased to say that my sponsors from last year including La Clusaz resort, Team TMT Annecy, Hotel Beauregard and Swimovate are again part of my team for 2012. Thanks all!

The coffee for our planning or catch up sessions lately have been delivered in stunning new cups from a business based in Sydney that seems to epitomise my attitude to life. Après Velo is a Sydney based clothing and design company that makes stunning, high quality relaxed clothing for wearing after cycling with funky cycling based designs with many French themes so you can feel hip, comfy, warm and look like have enough street cred to have been out with the 6:30am Coluzzi bunch as you down a coffee or three with friends. It is also one of my new sponsors for 2012. Thanks guys!! Check out some of their latest range here. They will ship all over the world so you can look the part whether you are based in Portland or Perth, Paris or Plymouth.

http://eu.apresvelo.com/index.htm

As a triathlete from Sydney, living in France and being slightly (ok a little more than slightly!) cycling and coffee obsessed and loving high quality casual gear with edgy designs rather than big brands with made in China swooshes, all meant Après Velo a perfect match for me. Just before Christmas, Leonard and the team sent me a package of their latest gear. More pics will follow as it's been a bit cold for photo shoots lately, but needless to say I am in love with the range. My current favourite is my Cogs and Cables Biker Jacket, which despite it's name and design may look cool but is in fact soft, warm and cosy for the cold winter days we have been having lately.

http://eu.apresvelo.com/womens-gear-1/cycling-jackets-and-hoodies/cogs-and-cables-biker-jacket

So to the latest member of Team Hemphill, a big thanks. The cup is finished now, time to head off for a swim.

A bientôt / See you later
Christine

1 comment:

  1. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
    Triathlon basics books

    ReplyDelete